Many of us feel stumped when coming up with ideas for content. We spend more time staring blankly at our computer screens trying to come up with ideas vs. actually writing! Sound familiar? Not any more! Here are 125 blog post ideas, perfect for any creative.
Impactful content in your posts, blog, and emails focuses on what your audience wants to learn and know about. It's a great opportunity to build trust, rapport, and loyalty with your audience, You can attract new clients and illustrate the benefits of what you offer and what it can bring to someone's life. Whether writing for fans, potential clients, or even other creatives, your content is an opportunity to showcase your expertise and encourage purchases!
From sharing your artist story to advice for your audience, here are 125 post ideas that are sure to connect with your audience and make creating content a breeze!
1. The story of how you became a photographer/artist/creative.
2. Your creative process.
3. Tools of the trade. Share your favorite gear/supplies and why.
4. Where you want to be in 5 years.
5. The inspiration behind your work.
6. Your favorite software or apps you use in your business.
7. Your favorite fellow photographers and artists and why.
8. A technique you struggle with and what you are doing to master it.
9. Inspiring quotes.
10. Press you have been featured in.
11. Awards and accolades you have achieved.
12. Fun facts people may not know about you.
13. Your favorite supply stores or websites.
14. The best investments you've made in your business (education, supplies, gear, etc.)
15. Share advice for emerging photographers/artists/ creatives.
16. Tutorials and how-to's,
17. Works in progress: talk about what you're currently working on in your business!
18. Share your why - the ultimate purpose that drives your passion
19. Give a studio/office tour with pictures of your workspace.
20. Tips to work through creative blocks.
21. Comparison post - show past work along with new work and show how you've grown.
22. A “day in the life” - tell about what your typical day looks like.
23. A loved pet that hangs in the office/studio with you.
24. Hobbies you are passionate about outside of your business.
25. Previous work experience. Tell what you did before you became a business owner!
26. How you chose your style.
27. Promote workshops you are hosting.
28. Why you are drawn to a certain style of photography or art.
29. Value and benefits. Tell why what you do is valuable and how it benefits your client.
30. What you would do differently or the same in your career looking back.
31. What benefits you’ve received through networking with other creatives.
32. Business or industry-related books you’d recommend.
33. Advice to clients. Ex: How to dress for the best family portrait. How to decorate your home with fine art prints.
34. How you maintain a good work/life balance.
35. Ways you feel photography, art, and creativity make the world a better place.
36. Q&A for frequently asked questions.
37. A detail guide with tips on what brides should set aside for photographers to prepare for the most beautiful detail photos!
38. Your top 10 lessons learned as an photographer/artist/creative.
39. Testimonials from your clients.
40. Interview another creative you admire.
41. Share a personal story.
42. Your photographer's or artist's travel kit you take when on the road.
43. Gear and supply storage tips.
44. A gift guide for the photographer or artist in your life.
45. Favorite photography/art/business blogs.
46. What motivates you in life and business.
47. A networking or professional group you belong to.
48. Other forms of art and creativity that inspire you.
49. Why supporting small business is important.
50. Your top 5 smartest decisions in your business .
51. Guilty pleasures.
52. A collaboration you were involved in.
53. Tips for displaying framed prints in the home (this is perfect for artists and photographers who value physical photos.
54. If you could do anything besides your current creative business, what would you do?
55. Common struggles as an artist/photographer/creative.
56. A step-by-step guide on how you accomplished a particular technique.
57. How you contribute to cultivating community with other industry professionals.
58. Your goals as a creative and business.
59. A playlist of music you play in your studio/office.
60. Movies or characters that have inspired your work.
61. What you love best about being a creative.
62. Your local art and creative community.
63. The city or town you live in and why you love living there.
64. The biggest mistake you’ve made as a creative that you learned the most from.
65. Your favorite social media platform you love to connect to your followers with and why.
66. What sets you apart from other creatives in your industry.
67. How you use social media to grow your fan base.
68. Personal or family traditions special to you.
69. Why supporting a creative in your life is important.
70. The underlying message of your work.
71. Your favorite business books for creatives.
72. Behind the scenes videos of your process.
73. Share a few of your favorite things.
74. Your family, spouse, or significant other and how they support or influence your career.
75. Share your portfolio.
76. Share mistakes many creatives in your industry make.
77. Thank your readers and fans for supporting and following you.
78. Your personal and/or professional bucket list.
79. A list of useful and interesting people to follow in your niche.
80. How your business has evolved over the years.
81. Share about a mentor.
82. Glossary of terminology in your industry for non-creatives.
83. Something new you recently tried.
84. Feature your most popular works.
85. Sneak peak of a new work or service about to be released for purchase.
86. Advice to other creatives on how to deal with rejection.
87. Myths and stereotypes about creatives.
88. Classes and workshops you've attended.
89. The moment you were most proud of yourself as a creative.
90. Interview someone of authority in your field.
91. Charities or benefits you and your work have been a part of.
92. Promote your seasonal specials.
93. A talent you wish you had most.
94. Movies you’ve enjoyed.
95. If you could dream anything for your business, what would it be?
96. Blog roundup. A list of your favorite bloggers.
97. A list of your favorite podcasts you listen to in the studio.
98. The steps you took in becoming a business.
99. Share a win.
100. The point in your life when you knew you were an artist/creative.
101. Share your latest idea.
102. How you market your work.
103. Share travel photos related to your work and brand.
104. Tips on how to be successful in your industry.
105. Share misconceptions about your industry.
106. How art and creativity has inspired or helped you.
107. Your email list, it’s benefits, and how to join.
108. Some of the creatives whose mailing lists you subscribe to.
109. Art or craft projects you are making outside of your creative business.
110. Seasonal content: Promotions, creations, special offers related to holidays or season.
111. Industry-associated events you attend such as critiques, art shows, networking events, etc.
112. A tool or supply you can't live without.
113. A special relationship in your life - a spouse, partner, or friend that's a supportive constant to you.
114. A client experience that made you feel extra special.
115. The legacy you hope to leave behind.
116. Your morning routine.
117. Share something you collect.
118. 5 things you are grateful for.
119. How you spend your time off.
120. 5 things you didn’t expect when your creativity became a business.
121. How you balance business and life.
122. Ways you network with other creatives on social media.
123. A chance you were afraid to take as a creative that benefited you.
124. The most useful advice you’ve received from an industry peer.
125. Your “year in review.”
©Becca Basic, LLC
Becca Basic is an artist, photographer, and educator who's passionate about helping other creatives learn to market their work, turn followers into fans, and make an income doing what they love!
Join my VIP Community!
VIP Members receive priority notification about new art, specials, and upcoming opportunities (like business courses for artists!). Whether you're an artist or an art lover, my VIP Club is THE place where I love on my followers the most!